The Endless Wilderness is the 1st volume of the Shokugeki no Soma series.
Jōichirō Yukihira runs a special-of-the day restaurant in the Sumiredōri Shopping District. Aiming to one day surpass his father's culinary prowess, Sōma Yukihira hones his skills day after day until out of nowhere, his father announces that he will close down Restaurant Yukihira for three years. Jōichirō tells Sōma that it was time to part from Restaurant Yukihira, to go out in the world and measure his ability. He enrolls his son into Tōtsuki Culinary Academy, a prestigious culinary school that prides itself on a 1 percent graduation rate. When Sōma arrives at the academy, he meets Erina Nakiri, who is the examiner of the entrance examination. Much to Sōma's surprise, he fails the exam due to conceptual differences. However, the director of the academy, Senzaemon Nakiri tastes his dish and immediately sends an acceptance letter to Sōma. One month later, Sōma appears at the 92nd Tōtsuki Generation's Orientation Ceremony and declares he will be the one to stand at the pinnacle of his class, so begins his life at Tōtsuki. On his first day of high school, he meets Megumi Tadokoro, who were assigned together to cook a Boeuf Bourguignon for Roland Chapelle's class. After being sabotaged by two students, Sōma and Megumi quickly resolve the problem, and pass Roland's assignment with an "A".
- Chapter 1: The Endless Wilderness
- Chapter 2: God's Tongue
- Chapter 3: "Transforming" Furikake
- Chapter 4: The Demon King Talks About "Gems"
- Chapter 5: The Chef That Doesn't Smile
- Extra: One-shot
- Extra: Kurase-san's Diary
Story Arc Edit
- Shokugeki no Soma Volume 1 sold about 225,513 copies within 8 weeks after it was released.
- Food Wars!, Vol. 1: Shokugeki no Soma on VIZ.com
- Food Wars!, Vol. 1: Shokugeki no Soma on Amazon.com
- Food Wars!, Vol. 1: Shokugeki no Soma on Barnes & Noble
|Main Series||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24 • 25 • 26 • 27 • 28 • 29 • 30 • 31|