|Roast Pork, Just Kidding|
|Anime | Manga|
|Primary Ingredients||Potatoes, Bacon, Mushrooms|
|Menu Category||Main Course|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 1|
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
This is Sōma's innovative dish which is served to repel the vicious urban residential planner, Yaeko Minegasaki from destroying Restaurant Yukihira. Even when after all the meat materials were sabotaged in his kitchen, Sōma managed to turn the tides by using some of the groceries as his ingredients to create artificial meat.
- 2 Eringi Mushrooms
- 7 Potatoes
- Approx. 11 Thick Bacon Slices
- 1 1/2 Onion
- Multiple Sprigs of Rosemary
- Red wine
- Sweet Sake
- Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- (Optional) Watercress
- Cut potatoes in half and steam until soft.
- Mince Eringi mushrooms and onion.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Knead and combine the mashed potatoes with the Eringi mushroom and onion. Form into a medium-sized log.
- Wrap thick slices of bacon and use cooking twine to fasten rosemary sprigs and hold together the "roast pork".
- Roast slowly until the bacon gets crispy
- For the sauce, combine red wine, sweet sake, and soy sauce. (Enough to just cover the bottom of the saucepan). Once bubbling, add 1 tbsp. butter.
- Pour the sauce on top of the dish when you serve it. Garnish with watercress, if available.
Real Facts Edit
- This is the first featured dish in the series and the very first successful dish.
- This dish ranked 10th in the first dish Popularity Poll with 293 votes.