|Revamped Mackrel Onigiri Chazuke|
|Anime | Manga|
Salted Kelp Tea
|Menu Category||Main Course|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 8|
|Anime Debut||Episode 5|
Revamped Mackerel Onigiri Chazuke is a dish that Sōma Yukihira cooked for his duel with Satoshi Isshiki during his welcoming party. Using the #20 Onigiri Chazuke of Restaurant Yukihira's secret menu, Sōma revamped the dish using mackerel since Satoshi used mackerel for his dish.
Taken from Restaurant Yukihira's secret menu, Sōma changed the standard Salmon used for the regular Yukihira Onigiri Chazuke and substituted with Mackerel. Using the French cooking technique, poêlée, Sōma created a new take on the classic Japanese dish. The dish creates the feeling of a new sprout emerging from the coldness of winter to welcome in spring.
- Olive Oil
- Salted Kelp Tea
- Salted Kelp
- O-nigiri (お握り or 御握り; おにぎり), also known as o-musubi (お結び; おむすび), nigirimeshi (握り飯; にぎりめし) or rice ball, is a Japanese food made from white rice formed into triangular or cylindrical shapes and often wrapped in nori (seaweed). Traditionally, an onigiri is filled with pickled ume (umeboshi), salted salmon, katsuobushi, kombu, tarako, or any other salty or sour ingredient as a natural preservative. Most Japanese convenience stores stock their onigiri with various fillings and flavors. There are even specialized shops which only sell onigiri to take out. Due to the popularity of this trend in Japan, onigiri has become a popular staple in Japanese restaurants worldwide.
- Chazuke (茶漬け, ちゃづけ) or ochazuke (お茶漬け, from o + cha tea + tsuke submerge) is a simple Japanese dish made by pouring green tea, dashi, or hot water over cooked rice, roughly in the same proportion as milk over cereal, usually with savoury toppings.
- Cryptotaenia japonica, also called East Asian wild parsley, Japanese cryptotaenia, Japanese honewort, white chervil and mitsuba, is a plant species native to Japan, Korea, and China. The plant is edible and is commonly used as a garnish and root vegetable in Japan, and other Asian countries.
- This is the very first dish from Restaurant Yukihira's secret menu shown in the series.
- This ranked 7th in the first dishes popularity poll with 320 votes.