|Anime | Manga|
Japanese special-of-the-day restaurant
Sumiredōri Shopping District, Japan
Restaurant Yukihira (食事処 ゆきひら Shokujidokoro Yukihira) is a Japanese style special-of-the-day type restaurant owned by Jōichirō Yukihira in the Sumiredōri Shopping District. However, Jōichirō closed it in order to travel abroad for 3 years and sent his son Sōma to Tōtsuki Culinary Academy.
(To be added)
These are Yukihira specialty dishes that can only be found on their secret menu:
- #5 Beef Stew - A hearty stew made in Restaurant Yukihira. It is perfect for your average patron but was deemed not suitable for the Autumn Election Semifinals.
- Beef Stew: Autumn Election Special - Sōma improved the Beef Stew to overcome a great handicap. Using the style of a Chikuzenni, Sōma created a beef stew using a medley of other beef parts to create a meat thrill ride for the judges.
- #8 Transforming Furikake Gohan - An original take on the classical Furikake Gohan, the Yukihira style uses eggs coated by a golden coating using chilled chicken broth to create a golden jewel from the simplest ingredients.
- #20 Revamped Mackerel Onigiri Chazuke - The normal variation of Yukihira's Secret Menu #20 uses salmon as the meat base, but to challenge Satoshi, he used Mackerel as Satoshi did for his duel dish. Though it is a Japanese styled dish, Sōma unknowingly used a French technique, poêlée, to create a unique dish that brings forth the feeling of spring!
- Mapo Doufu Meal - A full Chinese course meal made in Restaurant Yukihira. This meal consists of one mapo doufu dish and three other staple dishes