- The 93rd Generation begin their Promotion Exams in Hokkaido.
- The students that opposed Central's ideals were forcibly given handicaps during the exams.
- The rebelling students pass the first two days of the exams despite the handicaps.
- On the third day, the students split up trains and the rebels had to take on the Elite Ten Council to advance in the exam.
- Sōma Yukihira faces off against Akira Hayama and wins.
- Takumi and Megumi "face off" against Rindō. Rindō does not actually duel them and passes them by tasting one of their dishes.
- Erina does not duel any of the Elite Ten Council members and passes the third day of the exams.
- Ikumi Mito, Hisako Arato, and Isami Aldini face off against Momo Akanegakubo, Sōmei Saitō, and Eishi Tsukasa respectively and loses.
- All other rebelling students not mentioned above were also expelled, including Alice Nakiri, Ryō Kurokiba, and the other Polar Star Dormitory residents.
- Sōma, Megumi, Takumi, and Erina plan to acquire the remaining Elite Ten Council seats to overturn the expulsions.