|Mutton Meat Shimotsu-to Curry|
|Anime | Manga|
|Primary Ingredients||Curry |
(Herbs and Medicine)
|Dish Type||Medicine Curry|
|Menu Category||Main Course|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 52|
|Anime Debut||Episode 21|
Unlike most of curry dishes, this dish is both a natural medicine and delicacy. With the combination of spices and traditional medicinal herbs, you will be able to refresh yourself in just an instant!
- Shaoxing Wine
- Tōki (Japanese Angelica root)
- Senkyū (Szechuan Lovage)
- Jiō (Chinese Foxglove)
- Shakuyaku (peony root)
- Star anise
- Fennel Seeds
- Shimotsu-to (四物湯) literally means "Four Substance Decoction". In Chinese, it's known as Si Wu Tang.
- Tōki (当帰) is Japanese Angelica root (Angelica acutiloba). In Chinese, it's called Dōngdāngguī (東當歸).
- The original Chinese medicine uses Chinese Angelica Root (Angelica sinensis), commonly known as dāng guī. The one used in the curry is the Japanese adaptation of the Chinese formula.
- Senkyū (川芎) is Szechuan lovage or Cnidium rhizome (Ligusticum striatum). In Chinese, it's called chuān xiōng.
- Jiō (地黄) is Rehmannia root or Chinese Foxglove. It's known as dìhuáng (地黄) in Chinese.
- Shakuyaku (白芍) is Chinese white peony root. In Chinese, it's called bái sháo (白芍).
- Shimotsu-to has numerous healing properties: 
- Tonifies and invigorates the blood.
- Regulates the liver, harmonizes the menses, and alleviates pain.