Momo Akanegakubo (
Momo is a petite girl and is the shortest member of the Elite Ten Council, with her head stopping just below Satoshi Isshiki's chest. She has short purple hair with fringed hime-styled bangs and part of her hair is tied up to resemble cat ears. She also has green eyes.
She wears a standard Tōtsuki uniform and is always carrying around a large stuffed cat doll with a purple and pink color scheme named Bucchi (ブッチ). Bucchi's hands are often ripped off whenever she cooks as his hands serve as her oven mitts. Her normal cooking attire is a standard white chefs uniform with a chef cravat.
Momo is stubborn and taciturn, usually refusing to interact with new people that she meets. According to Mea Yanai, it takes at least a month before Momo will acknowledge someone new, let alone make eye contact when talking. Momo seems to be antisocial, as she doesn't like talking to new people, or people she deems as low/unworthy. She also is seemingly competitive, especially whenever someone implies they want to challenge her. Like most of the Elite Ten members, she has cocky tendencies, hardly considering her underclassmen a threat to her, even using her past accomplishments as a means of establishing their inability to defeat her. She mainly displays this manner by assigning nicknames to her peers which masks her condescending demeanor underneath a trait deemed "cute". Whenever Momo becomes angry or annoyed, Bucchi reflects her feelings by displaying a cruciform popping veins on its face. She is also scared of riding airplanes.
When referring to herself, she often speaks in third person in attempt to make herself sound cuter.
In her early childhood, whenever Momo went toy shopping with her mother, she had the odd habit of selecting toys that appeared unappealing. However, those toys would later become trendy items, which caught the eyes of her parents. As a result, similar to Erina Nakiri, Momo gained the reputation of a renowned consultant, providing designing advice to various companies on products such as books, toys, clothing, and sweets.
Momo enrolled into Tōtsuki Culinary Academy as part of the 90th Generation and would later attain the 4th seat of the Elite Ten Council by her third year. As a third year student, Momo completed the Tōtsuki Friendship and Rapport Training Camp and Stagiaire events in her first year and all subsequent events afterwards.
Moon Banquet FestivalEdit
Main article: Moon Banquet Festival Arc
As a member of the Elite Ten, Momo and the other Elite Ten Members attended the Autumn Leaf Viewing ceremony, so the first year students who participated in the 43rd Annual Autumn Election Main Tournament could formally meet them. Throughout the event, Momo did not say anything and decided to play with her cat doll, as she watched the event unfold. After the conclusion of the ceremony, Momo left the premise and prepare for the last fall event: The Moon Banquet Festival.
After two weeks of preparation, Momo, alongside other Elite Ten members, appeared during the Moon Banquet Festival's opening ceremony, where she seen throwing her cat doll in the air. On the first day, Momo was ranked first place on the Uptown Area, and continued this stride for the duration of the Moon Banquet Festival. However, after the arrival of Azami Nakiri on the fourth day of the festival, it was revealed that Momo and five of the other Elite Ten Council members voted in favor for Azami, as the new headmaster of the academy.
Main article: Central Arc
After the Central was formed, she stated that she hates what Satoshi Isshiki did regarding the Shokugeki rules. She then prepares herself to have a Shokugeki with The Chocolate RS head.
Confectionery - Momo specializes in confectionery, particularly in creating western sweets and cakes. She is the school's top pâtissiere and despite her specialty laying in sweets, her skill has allowed her to be the 4th seat of the Elite Ten Council.
- Autumn Leaf Viewing Cake - A red compact mousse cake garnished with leaning piles of caramel shard, this cake was made for the Autumn Leaf Viewing event between the Elite Ten and the contestants of the 43rd Annual Tōtsuki Autumn Election. As one would expect, this sweet evokes strong impressions of autumn.
- Chocolate Covered Checkerboard Cake - A chocolate cake covered in ganache and stylized with a chocolate rose. Each slice of cake has the appearance of a checkerboard on its cross-section, hence the name. The elaborate preparation of this dessert easily defeated the head of the Chocolate RS.
- Queen's Apple Tart - A series of apple tarts shaped like roses and carried in a basket, Momo delivers the aroma of the damask rose, creating a blissfully sweet dish straight out of a fairy tale. In fact, the basket she carries her roses in is made of bread and completely edible as well.
- Japanese Roll Cake Castle- A series of roll cake made with muscovado sugar and served with amezaiku on the side. Momo was able to produce patterns on each roll and assemble them into a giant castle within a time limit, which not only demonstrates cute aesthetics, but also an extreme speed and dexterity.
- Elite Ten Council - Momo is the current 3rd seat of the Elite Ten Council.
Cooking Duel RecordsEdit
Official Shokugeki Edit
|Dessert||Chocolate Covered Checkerboard Cake||Win: The Chocolate |
|Win - The Chocolate RS is disbanded.||1-0-0|
Rebels Vs Central Régiment de Cuisine Edit
|3rd Round||Megumi Tadokoro||Apple||Queen's Apple Tart||Win - Momo is allowed to continue in the Régiment de Cuisine.|
|4th Round||Erina Nakiri||Muscovado Sugar||Japanese Roll Cake Castle||Loss - Momo is eliminated from the Régiment de Cuisine|
Misc. Cooking Duels Edit
|Ikumi Mito||Unknown||Unknown||Win: Ikumi will be expelled.
||Win - Ikumi is expelled.|
- Akanegakubo (茜ヶ久保) contains the kanji for "madder" (茜 Akane), "long time" (久 Ku), and "protect" (保 Bo). Momo is a common female name but it can also mean "peach" if written in kanji (桃).
|1st Seat||Gin Dōjima (69th Gen.) • Azami Nakamura (71st Gen.) • Kojirō Shinomiya (79th Gen.) |
Eishi Tsukasa (90th Gen.)
|2nd Seat||Jōichirō Saiba (69th Gen.) • Fuyumi Mizuhara (79th Gen.) • |
Hinako Inui (80th Gen.) • Taki Tsunozaki (88th Gen.) • Sonoka Kikuchi (89th Gen.)
Rindō Kobayashi (90th Gen.)
|3rd Seat||Tōsuke Megishima (90th Gen.) • Momo Akanegakubo (90th Gen.)|
|4th Seat||Riko Ebisawa (70th Gen.) • Sōmei Saitō (90th Gen.)|
|5th Seat||Shōko Kaburagi (91st Gen.)|
|6th Seat||Nene Kinokuni (91st Gen.)|
|7th Seat||Satoshi Isshiki (91st Gen.) • Etsuya Eizan (91st Gen.)|
|8th Seat||Terunori Kuga (91st Gen.) • Julio Shiratsu (91st Gen.)|
|9th Seat||Akira Hayama (92nd Gen.)|
|10th Seat||Erina Nakiri (92nd Gen.)|
|Unknown||Jun Shiomi (74th Gen.)|