Kiyoshi Gōdabayashi (
Kiyoshi has an overall appearance of a sumo wrestler. He also has thick lips and eyebrows. His hair is tied up in a bun, similar to how a sumo would tie theirs.
Kiyoshi is proud of the legacy of his predecessors of the Chan RS and is willing to defend it to the bitter end. He also speaks in a Kagoshima dialect, a branch of the Kyūshū dialect, occasionally ending his sentences with the phrase de gowasu.
Kiyoshi enrolled into Tōtsuki Culinary Academy as part of the 91st generation class. As a second year, Kiyoshi had passed the Tōtsuki Friendship and Rapport Training Camp and Stagiaire events. He would later become the proud president of the Chan RS.
Main article: Introduction Arc
As a part of her kitchen expansion project, Erina Nakiri targeted the Chan RS. Kiyoshi decided to challenge Erina to a Shokugeki for the right to keep the Chan RS alive. Before the challenge, Kiyoshi expressed his pride for the rich history of the Chan RS. Though Erina agrees that it has history, the club should not exist in her mind as the club has not claimed any accolades in recent years. Though Kiyoshi tried to sway her, Erina continued to mock the Chan RS' lowly current status. Angered by her lack of empathy, he added another condition: Erina must relinquish her 10th Seat if she lost the duel. Erina accepted his terms and the Shokugeki began.In the end, Kiyoshi lost the Shokugeki in a decisive decision. Erina tasted his seafood chanko nabe dish and found numerous flaws with the dish. Angry that her dish could not be any better than his perfected chanko nabe, Kiyoshi tasted her Ravioli Di Aragosta. As he ate Erina's dish, he sensed the difference in flavor and impact. Recovering from the experience, he noticed Erina making the call to officially demolish the Chan RS clubroom. With the deed done, Kiyoshi sat in despair as his beloved club was destroyed.
The 43rd Annual Tōtsuki Autumn ElectionEdit
Main article: Tōtsuki Autumn Election Arc
Kiyoshi is not seen again until long after his defeat to Erina. However, his name was mentioned in a small article on Tōtsuki Sports, which claimed that he focused his main activities on sumo wrestling, wherein he notably won the district tournament in the high school division.
Moon Banquet FestivalEdit
Main article: Moon Banquet Festival Arc
Kiyoshi again appeared during the preparations for the Moon Banquet Festival , in which he briefly appeared arguing with another student about his purchase of all the available plywood, stating his new goal was to re-elevate the demoted "Chankonabe Association" to an official Research Society again, before being challenged to a Shokugeki for the material.
Eventually, the Chankonabe Association was elevated to an official research society again. As of the most recent Arc, Godabayashi apparently lost a Shokugeki during the Central Survivor's Purge and was forced to disband his club. However, he was caught again using unauthorized cooking methods by Central's goons, and threatened with expulsion.
- Kiyoshi specializes in chanko nabe, a traditional large one-pot dish meant to feed a single individual a vast quantity of food as a part of a weight gain diet for sumo wrestlers. Kiyoshi has shown some versatility with his food forte, but according to Erina, there were many flaws in his cooking. As a second year, he managed to pass the Tōtsuki Friendship and Rapport Training Camp and the Stagiaire event.
Original Dishes Edit
- Unknown Seafood Chanko nabe Dish - In a Shokugeki against Erina Nakiri, he created this dish using different variations of seafood, such as lobster and oysters, and vegetables all mixed in a stew.
- Chan RS (Former) - Kiyoshi was the president of the club until he lost to Erina in a Shokugeki, causing the club's inevitable downfall.
Cooking Duel RecordsEdit
|Erina Nakiri||Unknown||Unknown Seafood Chanko nabe Dish||Win: Chan RS will not be demolished and the club would be maintained in the academy. Erina must give up her Elite Ten Council Seat
||Loss - Chan RS is demolished and the club is added to Erina's Cooking Lab.||0-1-0|
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma episode 5 credits
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma episode 5
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 81, page 14
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 124, page 4
|Etsuya Eizan • Kiyoshi Gōdabayashi • Satoshi Isshiki • Tetsuji Kabutoyama • Nene Kinokuni • Rui Kofuru • Kanichi Konishi • Terunori Kuga • Shigemichi Kumai • Rentarō Kusunoki • Mea Yanai|