The Central Arc is the seventh story arc of the Shokugeki no Soma series. This arc focuses on the new administration at Tōtsuki Culinary Academy as a result of Azami Nakiri becoming its new Headmaster.
Battle for Polar StarEdit
Main article: Yukihira Vs. Eizan Shokugeki
Survivor's Purge (1st day)Edit
Main article: Cutting-Edge Cooking RS Vs. Central Shokugeki
- Azami officially becomes the new Headmaster of Tōtsuki.
- All research societies and seminars are shut down as a result and a new organization called Central is created instead.
- Numerous Shokugekis were issued to oppose this, but after the rigged Shokugeki between Tetsuji and Etsuya, many withdrew their challenges
- Erina runs away from home and takes refuge in Polar Star.
- Azami later learns that she's taking asylum there, and allows her to stay there in the meantime.
- Polar Star Dormitory was forced to close down.
- However, Sōma won a Shokugeki against Etsuya and Polar Star was allowed to remain active.
- Azami reveals that he was a former Polar Star Dormitory resident, the Third Seat of the Elite Ten Council under Jōichirō Saiba and Gin Dōjima.
- Erina and Azami learn that Sōma is Jōichirō's son.
- Satoshi Isshiki, Terunori Kuga, and Tōsuke Megishima are relieved of their positions in the Elite Ten Council
- However, Satoshi set up a number of new rules, thus ensuring fair judgment in any future Shokugekis and starting the "Survivor's Purge".
- Central overwhelms the opposing Research Societies with a 32-win streak on the first day of the Survivor's Purge.
- Eishi Tsukasa defeats Sōma in a duel, though this has no consequences.
- The 92nd Tōtsuki Generation must pass the Promotion Exams, their final hurdle before moving on to the second year.
- Erina gives special lessons to the 92nd Generation students rebelling against Azami in order to prepare them for the Promotion Exams.