Revamp Tag Rules Revision
In light of the continued effort towards the wiki revamp, I think there needs to be a clear establishing of the rules and functions of the revamp tag, which I believe is incomplete and problematic in some cases. As such, I'm laid out a few new rules in regards to claiming pages to revamp. It is currently not the set rules, but I'm trying to make the clean up process for the wiki as clear and easy for everyone. In the meantime, until Pscj approves of the new rules for the revamp tag, it is currently not in effect.
The current version is the revised version as of 3 AM PST.
- Using the tag above, the user in the box currently signifies that they are working on that page at that CURRENT time. If a user is no longer editing on that page, the tag should be removed.
- Tagging signifies that you are currently performing MAJOR edits on a page including image formatting, template formatting, and summarizing/revising the story sections. Tags cannot be added if the user is doing minor grammar work.
- A user may only tag one page at a time (Admins, Bureaucrats, and Rollback users included). If multiple pages are tagged, it technically means that a user is working on two or more pages at the same time. That cannot happen realistically and efforts should be given to pages one at a time. As such, no tagging more than one page at a time.
- If there is something you wish to add to a page while that tag is on the page, you must contact the user via their message wall. Do not edit while they are working. Having two or more editors on the same page can lead to edit conflicts where one user's edits will not show up and will lose their edit as a result. Only Admins/Bureaucrats are allowed to edit any tagged page.
- A Revamp tag can be deleted only by the user when they are no longer working on the page. Admins/Bureaucrats may delete a tag for various reasons, mainly for vandalism or if edits do not meet the quality standards of the wiki.
- Admins and Bureaucrats will delete Revamp tags from a page if the user has not edited a tagged page after a time period of twelve hours.
- Pages tagged by Admins/Bureaucrats are exempt from the time limit. However, if an urgent edit is needed on an admin tagged page, you must contact the Admin/Bureaucrat. The Admin/Bureaucrat will decide whether or not to add that edit.